Termites can cause a lot of damage to your home. They need food, moisture, and warmth to survive. If they can find a way in to your home, it is the perfect place to live. A termite specialist like A1 Exterminators can help you identify problem areas around your home that might make it attractive to termite colonies. Some possible trouble spots include areas where puddles form near the foundation cause by inadequate grading, or moisture run-off from air conditioning units. It’s smart to schedule a regular inspection by a termite expert who can identify trouble spots as well as signs of activity to control termites.
Prevention is one of the best ways to keep termites away from your home. Here are a few tips to make your home less inviting to termites:
- Eliminate moisture problems around your home.
- Repair any leaking faucets and/or water pipes.
- Be sure air conditioning units are draining properly
- Maintain good drainage around the foundation
- Make sure there is no standing water around the foundation
- Clean gutters and down-spouts
- Avoid excess mulch or ground cover near the foundation
- Keep firewood and/or lumber away from foundation
- Get rid of stumps and debris near house
- Inspect decks and wooden fences regularly for damage
- Prevent the wood on your home from contacting the soil
A1 Exterminators are termite control experts and can help you identify problem areas around your home that might be attractive to termite colonies, as well as any signs of possible termite activity. Prevention is key!