The nasty smell stink bugs give off when killed or handled is enough to give them a bad reputation. They can be nuisances, but luckily they don’t cause any damage to the structure of your home. And even better, they don’t reproduce indoors.
If there’s a stink bug infestation near your home, the bugs will soon come your way. If you know about stink bug problems in your area, bug-proof your home right away to prevent an invasion.
The best way to do this is to seal off all possible entries for the bugs. Here are some tips:
- Caulk your windows.
- Install weather strips at each entry door.
- Remove any vegetation or debris near the foundation of your home.
- Close off all entry points from the outside, including fireplaces and bathroom windows.
- Make sure any crawl spaces are sealed with no contact to the outside (check for cracks in the walls).
- Install screen windows and doors and regularly check for tears in the screens.
Have a plumbing inspection and seal any gaps using either caulking material or steel wool (this serves a double purpose, as it will also prevent mice from taking residence in your home).