Pepper Spray: Works great for small pests
- Boil 2 or 3 cups of water.
- Add about ½ to 2/3 cup of chopped hot pepper. Let marinate for a few minutes.
- Run the mixture thru a sieve to remove the peppers.
- Put the liquid in a squirt bottle and use when necessary.
- Be careful not to spray directly on foliage.
Vanilla: Will ward off flying insects
- Dab a little on your wrist, neck and behind your ears.
Bug Off Mist: Body bug repellant
- Mix witch hazel with a few drops of tea tree oil, lavender oil, or peppermint oil in a squirt bottle.
- Lightly mist your body.
Lavender: Works great to repel mosquitoes
- Rub a lavender flower behind your ears, on your wrists and neck.