By using the Sentricon Termite Elimination System, we are doing out part in protecting the environment while protecting your home.
- The Sentricon System uses only a few grams of active ingredient on each property, compared to the hundreds of gallons of chemical solution used in a traditional liquid chemical treatment.
- The active ingredient in Recruit termite bait is targeted specifically at the molting process in the termite’s life cycle, a process not present in mammals.
- Recruit termite bait is strategically placed in Sentricon stations only when and where needed. This minimizes the amount of active ingredient in the environment.
- The premier bait used in the Sentricon System was the first active ingredient for termite control accepted for registration by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under the strict requirements of the Reduced Risk Pesticide Initiative. This distinction is based on its low impact on human health, low toxicity to nontarget organisms (birds, fish and plants) and low potential for groundwater contamination when compared to other commercially available termite control treatments.
- It is the only termite control product ever to earn the Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award, one of the federal government’s top environmental honors. The award recognizes technical innovation incorporating environmentally responsible chemistry into its design, manufacture and use.