Are Bees Dangerous?

Bees don’t transmit disease, but they do inject a venom through their stingers that can lead to serious allergic reactions.
Unlike wasps, which can sting multiple times, bees lose their stinger after stinging you. This stinger and its accompanying venom sac can continue to release venom as long as it’s in your skin so careful removal is important. The longer the stinger stays in, the more venom is released into your body. bee A1 Exterminators
This is a bug bite that can cause swelling, pain and itching at the sting site in most people. Symptoms can last for up to a week.
Some people may develop a hypersensitivity reaction to the venom; this occurs within seconds to minutes of the sting and requires medical attention.
Call your doctor if you have an allergic reaction.  Allergic reaction signs to look for are swelling that extends 10 centimeters or more past the sting site, itching or hives all over your body, light-headedness, loss of consciousness, nausea and vomiting.
Call 911 if you experience anaphylactic shock.  That is swelling of the throat and tongue, difficulty breathing, dizziness, fainting, nausea or loss of consciousness.

Tagged with: , , , , , , ,