If you notice bite marks or blood spots on your body, sheets, pillows, or clothing, you may have bed bugs. Check areas of your home where they may live for further evidence.
Bed bugs hide in tight, flat spaces, so they are most often found:
- In the seams of couches and chairs.
- Within the folds of curtains or sheets.
- Between cushions or under pillows.
- In appliances or electrical receptacles.
- Under wall hangings, pictures, or in folds of wallpaper.
- In the junction between the wall and ceiling, or floor and wall.
- In drawer joints.
- In folded clothes.
- In luggage.
- Between the mattress and box spring.
- Between the mattress and headboard, or headboard and wall.
- Between furniture and the wall.