Squash bugs and squash beetles can be attacking your fall pumpkin and cucumber plants this time of year. Here is a simple solution that can be applied directly to your plants without harming them. The tip is to apply it very early in the morning or late in the evening so the plants don’t burn in the
- 2 hot peppers
- 1 tablespoon organic canola oil
- Chop up the hot peppers and add them to a jar. Crush them really well to release their juices.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the jar of peppers, then allow to sit overnight.
- Strain the pepper pieces from the pepper water, reserving only the water.
- Pour the pepper water into a 32 oz. spray bottle.
- Add the canola oil plus 4 cups of water.
- Shake the solution well before each use.