Prevention Tips for Businesses
Posted on April 16, 2010
Pest prevention is the first step in pest control. Below are just a few ways that your business can avoid pest infestations and the potential health and property threats that pests and rodents can pose.
- “Pest-proof” your business by being vigilant of building maintenance needs
- Dispose of garbage regularly and store in sealed containers.
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of your business, including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Don’t overlook proper drainage at the foundation; install gutters or diverts, which will channel water away from the building.
- Be sure your employees keep food sealed and stored properly.
- Clean high-volume areas daily, such as public eating areas and kitchenettes, where crumbs and trash are more likely to build up.
- Call a your closest A1 professional to inspect for pests and rodents, identify the problem and control the pest(s) using an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach. Integrated Pest Management is a process involving common sense and sound solutions for treating and controlling pests. These solutions incorporate three basic steps: 1) inspection, 2) identification and 3) treatment. Treatment options vary from sealing cracks and removing food and water sources to pesticide treatments when necessary.