Fall is the time for raking leaves or storing materials beside the shed or under decks, and there is always the chance of encountering a tick.
Below are a few tips on helping to prevent tick bites:
- Use insect repellent containing DEET.
- Wear closed-toe shoes and long-sleeved clothing when doing yard work.
- Tuck your pants into your socks when working outdoors.
- Wear light-colored clothing to help you spot potential ticks easier.
- Wash yourself as soon as you get home to get rid of any loose ticks.
- Do a full body check on yourself, your kids, or your pets if you’ve come back from a tick-prone area.