Buying a new home is exciting. Everyone sets out to buy new furniture, decor and maybe even a new grill. However, besides home security, most people don’t initially think of what annual maintenance will be needed for your new home. Home security is important especially since your most prized possessions are inside – your family. Keeping them safe from intruders may not always be to keep them under lock and key. Pests can enter your new home and cause some serious risks to your family.
Pest control is a year-round maintenance. Perform an initial inspection of your property and make of list of problem areas.
Checking the following areas are the best places to begin for pest-proofing your new home:
- Seal all cracks in the foundation of the home and/or siding. Seal openings around water and gas pipes, phone and cable lines.
- Be sure that all doors close tightly with no gaps in the corners where pests can enter.
- Remove any yard waste or debris in the yard. This serves as a home or nesting place for pests.
- If you have larger trees near the home, trim back any branches that may be a pathway to your home.
- Mulch should always be kept away from the foundation of your home. If moisture forms, pest will find it an inviting place to nest.
- Remove any standing water outside. This is a breeding home for mosquitoes.
Every season is different. Spring and summer are peak pest control times so perform the above prevention steps sooner rather than later. If you feel you already have a pest infestation, contact us at 800-525-4825 or visit our website.