After you spent an entire afternoon carving your pumpkin, two days later, it’s already rotting away.
Here is a trick for preserving your pumpkins so that doesn’t happen.
What you need: Bleach and 2/3 cup of water (you may need to adjust the amount depending on the size of your pumpkin).
What you do: When you’re finished carving, dunk the pumpkin in the mixture of bleach and water and let it soak overnight. In the morning, flip it over and let it drain. Then place it on your porch and pop a candle or battery-operated tea light inside.
Why it works: Mold spores are the number one culprit causing pumpkins to rot. The bleach kills them. Problem solved.