A1 Exterminators can help homeowners reduce their exposure to mosquito bites by inspecting properties for mosquito breeding sites, treating to control mosquitoes or suggesting corrective actions, and providing basic information.
- Eliminate or reduce mosquito breeding sites by replacing all standing water at least once a week. This includes bird baths, ponds and pools.
- Remove unneeded vegetation or trash from around any standing water sources that cannot be changed, dumped or removed.
- Introduce mosquito-eating fish such as Gambusia, Green Sunfish, Bluegills and Minnows to standing water.
- Screen windows, doors, and other openings with mesh.
- Avoid going outdoors when and where mosquitoes are most active: during dusk or dawn.