Help Prevent Spread Of Mosquito-Borne Illnesses
Posted on April 18, 2019
A1 Exterminators can help homeowners reduce their exposure to mosquito bites by inspecting properties for mosquito breeding sites, treating to control mosquitoes or suggesting corrective actions, and providing basic information.
- Eliminate or reduce mosquito breeding sites by replacing all standing water at least once a week. This includes bird baths, ponds and pools.
- Remove unneeded vegetation or trash from around any standing water sources that cannot be changed, dumped or removed.
- Introduce mosquito-eating fish such as Gambusia, Green Sunfish, Bluegills and Minnows to standing water.
- Screen windows, doors, and other openings with mesh.
- Avoid going outdoors when and where mosquitoes are most active: during dusk or dawn.