The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and the flowers are emerging from the ground. Unfortunately this weather also can cause some nuisance pests while outside enjoying the lovely spring weather.
There is nothing worse than going for a walk by the lake or a hike up into the mountains and being attacked by creepy crawly bugs. Here is an easy do-it-yourself bug spray. Keep in mind that citrus oils can cause the skin to be more susceptible to the sun, so be sure to keep covered when using or use after the sun is down.
Ingredients and Supplies
- Hot water
- Rubbing alcohol
- 40 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 30 drops rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 ounce spray bottle (glass spray bottles are best when using citrus oils)
- Fill a spray bottle half way full with hot water.
- Fill the remaining half of your spray bottle with rubbing alcohol. Just be sure to leave a small amount room at the top unfilled so you have room for your essential oil drops.
- Carefully add 40 drops of eucalyptus essential oil, 30 drops of Rosemary essential oil and 10 drops of lemon essential oil to the bottle.
- Place the lid on the spray bottle, and shake well before each use.
- Shake the bottle to make sure everything is well combined.
- Mist the mixture onto your skin wherever you wish to protect yourself from insects and bugs.