It is the time of the year when overwintering insects are determined to enter your home. The brown marmorated stink bug is one of the pests to contend with when the weather changes. There are also cluster flies, western conifer seed bugs, boxelder bugs and multi-colored asian ladybugs. These are the significant overwintering pests threats.
The western conifer seed bugs and the stink bugs emit foul odors, can stain housing materials like curtains, walls and linens. The multi-colored asian lady bugs, those harmless cute-looking little things also bite and can cause allergic reactions.
Overwintering Pest Control Tips:
- Perform a thorough inspection to determine all possible pest entry points paying close attention to exterior light fixtures.
- Light sources coupled with gaps typically leads to overwintering pests entry points.
- Seal up entry points prior to the fall using a good quality silicone sealant.
- Seal cracks and crevices around doors, windows, trim, interface of fascia and exteriors of walls, around utility pipes and around chimneys.
- Install screens in exterior attic openings and vents.
- Insecticidal dusts should be applied by a pest control professional to unsealed gaps, openings around exterior light fixtures and all unsealed penetration points leading into your home.
If you are still finding these insects in your home, contact A1 Exterminators to treat your home.